Sunday, 24 April 2011

Progress made on a UFO!

This week's been a really productive one - at last!

Picked up a UFO from about 4 years ago, where I had bought all of the fabric, started cutting, then life got in the way, and it got abandonned. This week, I managed to get all of the fabric cut, and make a start on the pieceing.

It's an amish sunshine and shadow inspired by one I saw in the Quilter's Guide to Amish Quilts (the one that's the inspiration is on p36 if you're interested!)

Strips all cut and ready to be pieced.
I just love those solids, and the fact that when put together they are so much more than the sum of their parts. The strips are all 2 inches, so the sqaures should be 1 1/2 inches when pieced. I've realised that in these photos, they're grouped together by colour, this isn't the order they sit in the quilt.

Of course, all this means now is that my Blackford's Beauty now moves from being a WIP to a UFO

The Quilter's Guide to Amish QuiltsThe Quilter's Guide to Amish Quilts 

No comments:

Post a Comment